The attorneys in our Information Technology practice group help clients in a broad range of industries successfully integrate all types of technology tools into their business operations. We provide our clients with industry-specific guidance throughout the selection, negotiation and implementation phases, helping them derive maximum value from their investments in new technologies. Our deep knowledge of our clients’ businesses and the industries in which they operate enables us to help our clients mitigate potential risks and realize opportunities – and not treat sophisticated information technology transactions as simple contract negotiations.
Sophisticated Legal Representation for High Technology Contract Negotiation and Implementation
We routinely represent financial institutions and other clients in the implementation of major overhauls and upgrades to their core processing platforms, as well as strategic enhancements that enable more-robust online and mobile transaction features. We also regularly assist clients with evaluating proposals for new services, retaining skilled consultants to supplement their own personnel, and reviewing and enhancing the terms of existing vendor contracts. In this capacity, we ensure that our clients’ vendor agreements comply with their own standards as well as relevant industry guidance, such as the Risk Management Guidance for Third-Party Relationships issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
From an operational standpoint, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients rationalize and integrate new technologies into their operational environments. Whether a project encompasses website development, online marketing, online search optimization, email marketing, new account opening, payment systems or any other aspect of our client’s business, we rely on our technical expertise and industry knowledge to provide a superior level of service. This includes providing legal representation for the negotiation and implementation of:
- Application Services Provider (ASP) hosted services, software as a service (SaaS), cloud-based and other outsourced services agreements
- Consulting and professional services agreements
- Inbound and outbound software license agreements
- Support and maintenance agreements
- Online and mobile banking transactions and services agreements
- Marketing agreements, advertising arrangements and referral agreements
- Website development, search engine optimization and hosting agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Compliance with the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (E-SIGN) Act