First-year associates participate in a rotation program of up to nine months through which they gain experience in each of the firm’s practice areas. First-year associates are given the opportunity to explore the firm’s many practice areas while working with partners and experienced associates. This allows our first-year associates to make informed decisions about the practice areas in which they would like to focus on and jumpstart their careers. Our new associates gain experience quickly as they work alongside our partners and senior associates and regularly interact with clients. We entrust them with large caseloads and put them to work in a variety of litigation and transactional matters. As the first-year rotation nears its end, each associate is permanently assigned to a department within the firm. Permanent placement is based primarily on the needs of the firm while taking into account the individual attorney’s interests.
We offer a broad range of benefits, including:
- Business casual dress
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Savings plan 401(k), including firm contributions after 1 year of service
- Supplemental insurance
- Pre-tax transit plans
- Health savings accounts
- Employee assistance program
- 20 vacation days, 11 holidays and 2 personal days annually
- Reimbursement for professional expenses such as bar review course, bar exam fees, attorney registration fees, bar association dues and mandatory continuing legal education
What is it like to work at Cullen and Dykman? We thought we would let our attorneys tell you themselves. Learn about life at the firm in our Attorney Testimonials.