Our bankruptcy and creditors and rights attorneys represent hedge funds, private equity firms, unsecured creditors, distressed companies and their boards, and strategic acquirers in the purchase and sale of distressed assets and businesses. Drawing on deep corporate, tax, litigation and restructuring experience, our attorneys guide clients through all phases of Distressed M & A transactions, including identifying, analyzing, structuring, negotiating and documenting transactions in complex Chapter 11 cases and non-bankruptcy litigation. We also advise clients on bidding strategies, joint ventures, governance arrangements, fiduciary duties, financing, post-emergence issues, and due diligence, and we have the capacity and resources to help our clients address any legal challenges that may arise during the course of a transaction.
- Representation of D&D Power, Inc. in its acquisition by one of the largest energy staffing companies in the United States.
- Representation of Horizon Shipbuilding, Inc. in the acquisition of a leading government and commercial ship yard in a Chapter 11 proceeding in Mobile, Alabama.
- Representation of Mercury International LLC in its acquisition of the Dowling College Oakdale Campus in a Chapter 11 proceeding in the Eastern District of New York.
- Representation of Capital District Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, LLC, an oral surgery practice based in Albany, in its sale of substantially all of its assets to Affinity Dental Management. The C&D team also negotiated the employment agreements for Capital District’s dentists’ employment with Affinity Dental Management going forward. Affinity Dental Management is owned by MidOcean Partners.
- Representation Consolidated Carpet of New York, a floor covering contractor, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Vortex Commercial Flooring of Chicago. C&D also helped form a new business entity, Consolidated Flooring of Chicago, which was formed to be the new operating company in Chicago.
- Representation of N&S Supply of Fishkill, a plumbing, heating, HVAC and bathroom remodeling supply company, in its sale of substantially all of its assets to Watsco, Inc. (WSO), a publicly traded company headquartered in Florida. The C&D team also negotiated the employment agreements for the executives of N&S Supply of Fishkill with Watsco going forward.