Brian T. FitzGerald is a partner in the firm’s Energy, Renewables and Utilities department. He represents regulated Energy, Renewables and Utilities clients in a variety of matters before state public utility commissions, federal agencies, and other administrative bodies, including complex rate proceedings and matters related to interconnection, smart grids, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. Brian has counseled clients on mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, licensing proceedings, prudence matters, investigations, and permitting matters. His practice also includes advising clients with regard to obtaining state regulatory approvals for utility financings and restructurings, as well as providing advice with regard to risk minimization, regulatory compliance, litigation avoidance, and litigation management associated with energy and utility matters.
Brian also advises wireless, cable, telephone and VOIP clients on facility siting, municipal franchises, and rights of way.
Areas of Concentration:
- Electric, gas, and water rate case proceedings
- State and federal energy regulation and compliance
- Telecommunications regulatory
- Administrative litigation and Article 78 proceedings of administrative decisions
- Mergers, acquisitions, and asset sale approvals
- Financing and restructuring approvals
- Renewable energy
- Water Telecommunications