Christopher H. Palmer is the firm’s managing partner and the chair of the firm’s banking department. He represents commercial banks and financial institutions in structuring and negotiating a wide array of financing transactions, and he has broad experience in handling commercial mortgages, as well as construction, leasehold, mezzanine, and bridge financing transactions. He has drafted numerous sets of loan document packages for local, regional and national lenders, as his practice is focused on commercial real estate finance, where he represents financial institutions and real estate funds in connection with single-lender and agented, multi-lender transactions. Additionally, Chris is skilled at representing various lenders in the origination of CMBS, portfolio, construction, mezzanine and syndicated loans secured by real estate.
Areas of Concentration:
- Complex structured finance issues and commercial loan documentation
- All areas of lending diligence including reviews of contracts, purchase agreements, leases, environmental reports, and property conditions reports
- Drafting Master Loan Purchase Agreements in regard to bulk loan and asset sales
- Loan Recovery, Workout and Restructuring matters involving creditors' rights, lender liability, loan defaults, commercial foreclosure proceedings, and the enforceability of security interests under the loan documents
- Land use issues and environmental due diligence matters involving the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act ("SEQRA") specializing in local law zoning and planning issues