Christopher H. Palmer is the firm’s managing partner and the chair of the firm’s banking department. He represents commercial banks and financial institutions in structuring and negotiating a wide array of financing transactions, and he has broad experience securing loans with commercial retail and office buildings, multi-family apartment properties, and mixed-use facilities. In addition to his transactional commercial lending practice, Chris also regularly advises clients regarding compliance with federal, state, and local banking regulations.
Areas of Concentration:
- Complex structured finance issues
- All areas of lending diligence including reviews of leases, environmental reports (Phase I and II), and property conditions reports
- Drafting Master Loan Purchase Agreements in regard to bulk loan and asset sales
- Loan Recovery, Workout and Restructuring matters involving creditors' rights, lender liability, loan defaults, commercial foreclosure proceedings, and the enforceability of security interests under the loan documents
- Land use issues and environmental due diligence matters involving the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act ("SEQRA") specializing in local law zoning and planning issues