Cullen and Dykman’s Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship
The Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship is awarded annually to one first year (or second year evening) law student who demonstrates a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and/or the community. The fellow will work closely with partners and associates throughout the firm’s offices, gaining experience in a variety of practice areas.
In addition to a paid summer fellowship, the fellow will receive an award of up to $10,000 (less applicable taxes and withholdings). The award will be paid in two installments as follows:
- $5,000 will be awarded upon successful completion of the summer fellowship and acceptance of an offer to return to Cullen and Dykman the following summer as part of the firm’s Summer Associate Program;
- If an offer for full-time employment following law school graduation is received and accepted, $5,000 will be awarded upon commencing full-time employment with Cullen and Dykman.
Eligible candidates must:
- be eligible to work in the United States;
- be enrolled in good standing in a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S. with an expected graduation date of Spring 2024;
- have a long-term interest in practicing law at one of Cullen and Dykman’s offices; and
- not be the recipient of a similar diversity and inclusion award or fellowship from another law firm or employer during the same time period.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Current resume.
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial or official)
- Law school transcript (unofficial or official). If an applicant’s complete law school transcript for the preceding fall semester is not available at the time the application is submitted, the applicant must supplement their application with the complete unofficial transcript once available.
- A legal writing sample of ten pages or less.
- A personal statement (not to exceed 750 words) that describes the applicant’s genuine interest in Cullen and Dykman, academic achievements, and demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and/or the community, which may include: (i) being a member of a racial/ethnic group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession, (ii) identifying as LGBTQ+, (iii) identifying as a person with disabilities, and/or (iv) being a military veteran.
Applications will be accepted from eligible law students on a rolling basis beginning December 1, 2021 through January 31, 2022.
Applications must be submitted by email in a single Adobe PDF file to email@example.com using the following subject line “Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”.
If you have any questions about the Cullen and Dykman Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship Program, please contact Dina Vespia, Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.