Gregory T. Simmons is an associate in the firm’s Energy, Renewables and Utilities department. He represents local natural gas distribution companies (LDCs) and other companies in a wide range of matters under the jurisdiction of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other administrative agencies. Gregory’s practice also includes providing representation in complex interactions between state-regulated and federally-regulated entities, and in helping the firm’s clients maintain legal and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Gregory was an Assistant People’s Counsel for the Maryland Office of People’s Counsel, the state’s utility consumer advocate, and clerked for the Hon. Thomas F. Stansfield in the Circuit Court for Carroll County, Maryland.
Areas of Concentration:
- Interstate pipeline rate review and settlements
- Interstate pipeline operational issues and settlements
- Interstate pipeline tariff review and dispute counseling
- FERC NAESB compliance (wholesale gas quadrant)
- Jurisdictional review
- State and federal regulatory approvals for merger and acquisition activity
- State rate review and settlements
- State-level operational regulation of LDC activities