Cullen and Dykman LLP is a full-service law firm that has been serving clients since 1850. We are seeking an experienced full-time Billing Clerk for our Garden City, Long Island office. Candidate must have law firm tort and insurance billing experience.
- Perform all duties related to monthly and quarterly client billing invoice processing.
- Review billing instructions from clients to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Research and respond to billing issues, communicate with partners, assistants, and billing staff to resolve any issues and ensure bills are timely, accurate, and complete.
- Ensure timely and successful submissions and acceptance of e-billed invoices. Ability to understand and resolve discrepancies with client billing requirements. Work to resolve rejected invoices timely. Monitor invoices for delayed payments.
- Set up and maintain client matter rates.
- Assistance with monitoring unbilled and accounts receivable status.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in legal billing environment.
- Rippe billing software or other comparable time & billing software, a plus.
- Standard Billing – experience with invoice processing and underlying timekeeper fee allocations, various bill formats and paperless billing system.
- Electronic billing – experience with all aspects of e-billing, including client/matter setup, timekeeper and time entry issues.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word
- Work accurately and efficiently under time-sensitive conditions.
- Experience in a law firm environment.
- Good communication and interaction skills with all levels of firm personnel and client contacts.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when requested, typically during billing deadlines.
Cullen and Dykman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please email your resume with salary requirements.
Please visit our website at www.cullenllp.com for more information on Cullen and Dykman LLP.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
– High school or equivalent