Cullen and Dykman LLP is a full-service law firm that has been serving clients since 1850. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality services to our clients, exhibiting the highest standards of professionalism, and maintaining a dynamic and collegial work environment for our attorneys, paralegals, and staff.
The Garden City office of Cullen and Dykman LLP is seeking to add an experienced Associate to its Higher Education group.
- JD degree from an accredited U.S. law school;
- Minimum 5 years of related professional legal experience;
- Admitted and in good standing in New York; admission to New Jersey bar required within one year of employment
- Experience as legal counsel in an institution of higher education or in private practice with a focus on higher education law;
- Strong academic and professional credentials;
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts; and
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Provision of counsel in the areas of academic and student affairs; accessibility; contracts; regulatory compliance; labor and employment; discrimination; litigation; emergency and risk management; privacy and data security; government employee ethics; risk management and insurance; constitutional law; and governance issues;
- Responding to federal and state administrative agencies;
- Researching, reviewing, and providing legal opinions regarding current laws and regulations institutions of higher education;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts;
- Defending institutions of higher education in state and federal court litigation;
- Preparing Board resolutions;
- Developing policies and procedures;
Our Higher Education Practice group is a fast-paced, high-volume, intellectually challenging practice. The successful candidate should possess the following characteristics, knowledge and skills:
- High ethical standards and demonstrated work ethic;
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, and other interpersonal skills;
- Proficient research and analytical skills, and sound judgment;
- Ability to identify a broad array of legal issues that arise in a higher education setting;
- Commitment and aptitude to excel in a broad general practice of law;
- Ability to develop and negotiate a wide variety of agreements;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other members of the Firm and institutional clients
- Ability to prioritize tasks; organize work; handle multiple unrelated matters concurrently in a timely and proficient manner
- Ability to make sound decisions and employ strong analytical skills and effective problem-solving skills to prevent or resolve complex problems; and
- Aptitude to combine legal considerations with program and policy objectives in development of practical solutions that meet institutional needs.
- Our professional staff plays a key role in the firm’s continued growth and success, and we look forward to adding a proactive and motivated member to our team.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a collaborative, friendly environment.
- Please visit our website at www.cullenllp.com for more information on Cullen and Dykman LLP.